Life Member Status
Life Member Status provides a unique opportunity for acknowledging Kiwanians who qualify for special recognition. Individuals who achieve Life Member Status are those who perpetuate the Objects and objectives of Kiwanis International.
1. Recipients must hold active, privileged, or senior membership and must have been a member of Kiwanis for at least three years.
2. A club may apply for Life Member Status to honor its president or any other club member. A family or friends may apply through a club. A division may apply to honor its lieutenant governor or past lieutenant governor. A district may apply to honor a district officer, past or present. In exceptional situations, recognition shall be granted at the discretion of the Executive Director of Kiwanis International on behalf of the Board of Trustees.
3. An application for Life Member Status by a club or an individual is subject to the approval of the club’s board of directors and must be signed by the president or secretary of the club. District and division recognition must be approved, and application signed by the governor or district secretary.
4. Applications must be made in the name of the individual who is to achieve Life Member Status, not in the name of the office.
5. The cost of Life Member Status is a one-time fee of US $630 (15 times annual dues) payable upon application. (Please note: this amount is subject to change in the event International membership fees increase.)
6. Life Member Status is achieved and the mementos are forwarded when payment is received.
| Life Member Status Mementos:
It is appropriate that these mementos be presented at a meeting of the member’s home club or at a division or district meeting.
- Each member granted Life Member Status receives a gold-tone personalized membership card.
- Each card is individually numbered, and a permanent record is maintained at the International Office.
- A blue acrylic desktop award is available for display.
- A Life Member lapel pin also is issued for the member to wear when attending Kiwanis functions.
7. Once Life Member Status has been achieved, the member’s club will never again be required to pay International dues for that member.
8. Life Member Status has no effect, however, on payment of liability insurance, the subscription to Kiwanis Magazine, or club and district dues.
9. Please mail to:
Attention: Member Services/Life Member Status
3636 Woodview Trace
Indianapolis IN 46268-3196
Please also note "Life Member Status" in the memo portion of your check.